ETHEL BLOUSE & DRESS • Pattern
By P&M Patterns, Ethel Blouse & Dress is a paper sewing pattern.
Garment Details: Either a blouse or a dress with a boho, yet a chic flair, ETHEL is the core garment of your wardrobe.Its design is not only perfect for every body shape, but the many aspects of this model will please the beginner seamstress, thanks to its quick execution and easiness, as well as the more advanced seamstress who will enjoy the blank canvas this pattern provides.
The variations offered by ETHEL can lead to many different makes…
- Bodice with two cutting line heights: WAIST, slightly below the natural waist, or EMPIRE, under the bust,
- 3 neckline types: JEWEL, V, or WRAP,
- Blouse with SINGLE or DOUBLE-LAYER peplum,
- SHORT dress WITH or WITHOUT ruffle, hits above the knee,
- LONG dress WITH or WITHOUT ruffle, hits at the ankle,
- And, just for the fun, a plethora of sleeve types:
- LONG sleeves
- ¾ sleeves
- HALF sleeves
- CAP sleeves
- BISHOP sleeves
- BUTTERFLY sleeves
- GATHERED sleeves
Other variations are available in the free tutorial ETHELADDON:
- add a RUFFLE or FRILLS at the neckline,
- transform this garment into a peplum SWEATER,
- or, make nice SHIRRED cuffs.
Sizing: This is a multi-size pattern, including sizes 34 to 52. Sizing guide can be found here.
Suggested fabrics for the lining (if you are lining your garment): lightweight cotton, viscose, any fabric that can be used to line garments…
Fabric requirements: Fabric requirements can be found here.
Trims required: Matching thread and fusible interfacing.
Skill Level: The pattern is placed at a Level 1 out of 3, for the beginner seamstress, on the P&M pattern skill scale.
Seam allowances are included in the pattern.
The paper pattern includes a booklet in English, stating the difficulty level, the cutting layout, the step-by-step sewing instructions, along with size chart and fabric and notion requirements, two easy-to-read multi-size pattern sheets, with no overlapping pieces.
Photo credits: P&M Patterns