ORGANIC COTTON TWILL 410gsm • Stanley Tan $54.00/metre
By Merchant & Mills $54.00 per metre.
Stanley Tan - A rich mustard/tan shade.
100% Organic Cotton
This is a classic twill made from organic cotton, which has been washed and emerised at the mill for an incredibly soft brushed feel. Due to the nature of the organic cotton yarn which is less refined and processed, there may be the odd white speck in this cloth.
Suitable for jackets, coats, bags, dungarees and trousers that require some structure. Pattern suggestions: The Three Pleat Skirt, The Apron Dress, The Celestial Dress, Nagoya Pants, Morgan Jeans, just to name a few.
410gsm or 12oz.
We recommend pre washing your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight canvas into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the canvas already wet.
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin with a non bio detergent.
- If any white creases develop, ironing on a medium heat whilst still damp will help.
- Can be tumble dried on a low heat.
Eco Credentials: The yarn and dyes used are GOTS Certified.
We try our best to give an accurate representation of our fabrics, however due to varying monitor settings the colours may differ slightly to the original fabric. If you want to be sure about the colour, weight or size of a design please order a sample.
Our fabric is sold per 25cm (¼ metre). If you would like to purchase one metre of fabric please enter 4 units. When purchasing multiple units, the fabric will be cut continuously.
Photo credits: Merchant & Mills.