ORGANIC RAW DENIM • 13.5oz • LARA • Black $52.00/metre
By mindtheMaker $52.00 per metre
100% Organic Cotton
‘Raw’ refers to the fact that they are unwashed, untreated, unsanded, unbleached, un-everything’d. They come straight from the mill. Raw denim is quite rough and might not feel wonderful at all. But don’t worry, it will soften up!
Rather weighty non stretch black denim for trousers, skirts and jackets.
150 cm wide
13,5 oz / 458 g/m2
How to wash raw denim:The washing machine can be a cramped space for stiff raw denim fabric like this. Creasing marks and white folds are common damages on denim from a spin in the drum.
Our best advise to avoid creasing marks and white folds is actually to NOT wash denim in the washing machine, but to wash only by soaking it in water for 30 minutes with a mild detergent and then rinse 2-3 times before hanging it to dry (don't wring it).
If you decide to wash denim in the washing machine:
- Cutting the fabric into smaller pieces before washing it, will help prevent creasing marks and white folds.
- Sink the fabric into water and allow it to soak, so it's wet when you put it in your machine.
- Choose a setting with very low or no spin cycle.
- Don't leave it in the machine when done, but take it out right away and hang to dry. Do not wring it and do not tumble dry.
- If creasing marks appear; ironing when the fabric is still damp will help.
Note: Please note that Indigo dyed raw denims will loose some colour when washed and attend a lighter more pale tone.
Manufactured: All mindtheMaker's raw denims are made with GOTS certified organic cotton in Portugal, and they are certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX.
We try our best to give an accurate representation of our fabrics, however due to varying monitor settings the colours may differ slightly to the original fabric. If you want to be sure about the colour, weight or size of a design please order a sample.
Our fabric is sold per 25cm (¼ metre). If you would like to purchase one metre of fabric please enter 4 units. When purchasing multiple units, the fabric will be cut continuously.
Photo credits: mindtheMAKER