ORGANIC SANDED TWILL 271gsm • Appolina $52.00/metre
By Merchant & Mills $52.00 per metre.
1 Quantity = 0.25m = $13.00
Appolina - Red brick brown
100% Organic Cotton
This organic cotton has a fine twill with a soft sanded finish on one side. Due to the nature of the organic cotton yarn which is less refined and processed, there may be the odd white speck in this cloth.
Ideal for trousers, dungarees, skirts and dresses that require some structure ie not a gathered waist, as well as lighter weight jackets and bag linings. It has a utility look and feel to it. Pattern suggestions: The Shepherd Skirt, The Three Pleat Skirt, The Apron Dress, Strata Pants, Morgan Jeans, just to name a few.
271gsm or 8oz.
Matching Gütermann rPET thread: We currently do not stock a thread to match this red brick colour.
We recommend pre washing your fabric before sewing. Putting a large piece of medium-heavy weight canvas into the washing machine can sometimes lead to white creases in the fabric, this is because it is a stiff fabric so it doesn’t have room to move around. We recommend doing the following to help this not to happen:
- Sink your fabric in water before hand, letting it fully absorb, so you are putting in the canvas already wet.
- Wash your fabric on its own for the first wash.
- If you can break up your fabric into half this will help.
- For the first wash use a delicate 30 degree cycle with a low spin with a non bio detergent.
- If any white creases develop, ironing on a medium heat whilst still damp will help.
- Iron on a medium heat.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Allow for 5% shrinkage.
- Due to the nature of the organic cotton yarn which is less refined and processed, there may be the odd white speck in this cloth.
Eco Credentials: This cloth is Oeko-Tex certified.
We try our best to give an accurate representation of our fabrics, however due to varying monitor settings the colours may differ slightly to the original fabric. If you want to be sure about the colour, weight or size of a design please order a sample.
Our fabric is sold per 25cm (¼ metre). If you would like to purchase one metre of fabric please enter 4 units. When purchasing multiple units, the fabric will be cut continuously.
Photo credits: Merchant & Mills.